Another year has begun, and it’s time for a roundup, both to look at my fellow PF blogger’s thoughts on the the fiscal cliff that was just averted. Let’s get to it.
At Consumerism Commentary, Luke Landes (Flexo) wrote Fiscal Cliff Bill Passes: American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (H.R. 8), an excellent summary and discussion of the tax bill that just passed.
At the finance buff, Harry Sit looks at the Fiscal Cliff Deal and Backdoor Roth, a nice new Roth feature I’ll discuss in depth in a future article.
Five Cent Nickel wrote Inside the Fiscal Cliff Deal, with his own highlights of the cliff deal.
And Frugal Dad offered his take at View from The Edge: Fiscal Cliff Avoided.
But I have to say, the award for Fiscal Cliff blogging goes to my tax crush, Kay Bell, who kept us educated real time with her recent blog posts:
- Senate passes fiscal cliff deal
- A quick look at the fiscal cliff’s H.R. 8, the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- House passes tax bill to avoid fiscal cliff
- What’s your 2013 tax rate and other fiscal cliff tax bill questions
- Redefining ‘wealthy’ for tax purposes
- More 2013 fiscal cliff tax calculating
Wow, that’s a lot of Cliff reading, enough that I’ll wait until next week to offer a New Year’s thoughts round up. For now, I’ll just be grateful this crisis has been averted and think about my goals for the year to come. A Healthy Happy New Year to my readers.