No finance post today.
Just wanted to let my readers know my family is in California attending the graduation of a special friend. The Governator is on the list of speakers, I had hoped to grab a decent photo and update with a picture or two, but the crowd was so large, as 4000+ students were graduating, that we sat behind one of the huge jombotrons set up to watch the event.
So instead of any Arnold picture, I’d like to pass along his Six Rules of Success:
- Trust yourself. Figure out for yourself what makes you happy no matter how crazy it might sound to other people.
- Break the rules. We have so many rules in life about everything. I say break the rules. Not the law, but break the rules.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. You can’t always win, but don’t be afraid of making decisions.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers. Don’t pay attention to the people that say it can’t be done.
- Work your butt off. You never want to fail because you didn’t work hard enough.
- Give back. To your community, state, country.
This is just a summary, the speech ran nearly twenty five minutes and was laced with Terminator references, and jokes about his movies which were flops. For someone under such pressure each day, he showed a great sense of humor. All in all, a great day.